A: The Dremel 3000 is a robust, upgraded version of the most popular Dremel rotary tool, the Dremel 300, and features the following user-requested improvements to the tool’s design, function and ergonomics:
• New EZ Twist™ nose cap design features an integrated wrench that allows the nose cap
to be used to tighten accessories and eliminates the need for a separate wrench
• New industrial, symmetrical design
• Trumpet-shaped nose cap facilitates a pencil grip tool hold
• Four-position collet lock allows for easier accessory changes
• Hanger bail is integrated into the tool design and out of the users’ way
• Tool design is shorter in length, while still achieving a 1.2 amp rating
• Combined on/off and sliding speed switch features an enhanced lever design for easier variable speed adjustment between 5,000 and 32,000 RPM
• Features a more efficient fan design and side vents for a cooler running tool
• Lower noise and vibration
A: The Dremel 3000 is compatible with all Dremel accessories and attachments, except the PL400 Planer Attachment and MS400 Multi-Saw Attachment.
A: Yes. The Dremel 3000 comes with between 18-28 genuine Dremel accessories (depending on the kit selected)
A: Yes. The Dremel 3000 has a 1.2 amp rating while its predecessor, the Dremel 300, has a 1.15 amp rating.
A: General applications for the Dremel 3000 rotary tool include carving, engraving, routing, grinding, sharpening, cutting, cleaning, polishing, sanding and drilling. The Dremel 3000 can be used on a wide variety of materials such as hard and soft wood, laminates, plastics, grout, adhesives, acrylic, soft metals, wall tile, glass, windows and doors, hardware, cabinets and countertops.
A: We introduced the Dremel 3000 rotary tool in an effort to upgrade the brand’s most popular rotary tool, the Dremel 300. Based on user feedback, we added innovative upgrades to the tool’s design, function and ergonomics, thereby enhancing the tool’s performance to allow for more projects to be completed in a shorter amount of time. Additionally, the robust Dremel 3000 offers a more comfortable tool experience over extended periods of time, enabling users to complete large projects with ease.