Dremel New Follower Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
OPEN Only TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED States AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO , at the time of entry, are eighteen (18) years and older (or the age of majority, whichever is greater) and of legal age to form a binding contract. THIS sweepstake IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM INC., OR FACEBOOK, INC.
The Dremel New Follower Sweepstakes Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Robert Bosch Tool Corporation (“Sponsor”), 1800 W. Central Road, Mount Prospect, IL 60056.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM (midnight) Central Time (“CT”) and ends on January 31, 2020 at 9:00:00 AM CT (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstake is offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who, at the time of entry, are eighteen (18) years and older (or the age of majority, whichever is greater) and of legal age to form a binding contract. Employees of Sponsor and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their respective immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, an entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. All entrants must have access to the Internet prior to the start of the Sweepstakes. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: Subject to the eligibility requirements and other terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, anyone who is a follower of Sponsor’s “@dremel” Instagram account (Instagram.com/Dremel) at the close of the Sweepstakes Period and remains a follower until at least 10 minutes after the close of the Sweepstakes Period at 9:10:00 AM CT on January 31, 2020 (i.e., remains a follower until at least 9:10:00 AM CT) will be entered into the Sweepstakes. If you are not a follower of Sponsor’s @dremel Instagram account, you can become a follower by (1) visiting instagram.com and either (a) logging in to your Instagram account or (b) creating a free Instagram account if you do not already have one (please note that you must agree to Instagram’s terms and conditions), and (2) following Sponsor’s account @dremel (Instagram.com/Dremel). Each entry shall be considered an “Entry” under this Sweepstakes and all such entries shall together constitute “Entries” under this Sweepstakes.
Limit one entry per person. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible. Entrants must use their regular social media accounts and not create an additional account specifically for the purpose of entering the Sweepstakes. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, it may disqualify Entries posted to social media accounts made solely for the purpose of entering the Sweepstakes. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Normal internet access and device usage charges imposed by your ISP may apply.
- SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNER: One (1) potential grand prize winner will be selected from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing to be held on or about January 31, 2020 at Sponsor’s office in Mount Prospect, Illinois. Winner need not be present. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
The grand prize winner is considered a potential winner, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules.
- Grand Prize (1): One (1) grand prize is available in the Sweepstakes:
- Grand Prize: One (1) grand prize winner will receive the following: (1) GO-01 3.6V 1.5Ah Lio Dremel Screwdriver US, (1) 7760-N/10 3.6V Trapped Blister CL RT Kit, and (1) MM50-01 Oscillating Tool Kit. (collectively, the “Prize”) (a $219.97 retail value).
- Total ARV: The total ARV of all prizes available in the Sweepstakes is $219.97.
- Prize Conditions: In no event will more prizes than are stated in these Official Rules be awarded. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received), Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize in a random drawing from among all prize claims received. The right to receive the Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no Prize substitution, exchange, or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the Prize or force majeure. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of the Prize are permitted by a winner. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any inability of a winner to accept or use any portion of the Prize for any reason. Federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely each winner’s responsibility.
- HOW TO CLAIM THE PRIZE: The potential grand prize winner will be notified via direct message on the Instagram account associated with his/her Entry on or around January 31, 2020. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. The potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Before being declared the verified Prize winner, the potential Prize winner may be required to complete, sign, and return (i) a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) (collectively, the “Affidavit”), within seven (7) calendar days from the date the Affidavit is postmarked as being e-mailed to the potential Prize winner by the Sponsor. If the potential Prize winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules or declines to accept the Prize, Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner, or the Prize notification or any Prize component is returned undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited, and in the Sponsor's sole discretion, the forfeited Prize may be awarded to an alternate Prize winner. If the Sponsor wishes to select an alternate potential Prize winner, it will select this alternative potential Prize winner at random from the pool of remaining eligible Entries received for the applicable Sweepstakes Period. Upon verification of eligibility, the Prize will be mailed to the winner at the physical address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted) provided in the Affidavit. Please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in providing the Prize for any reason. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to provide or deliver the Prize, the Prize may not be awarded. The Prize is not transferable. The Prize will only be provided to the verified winner.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or inaccurate capture of Sweepstakes-related information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any Sweepstakes-related website(s). Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize. Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for Entries entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device; for any Entries in excess of the stated limit; or for Entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such Entries will, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
If for any reason, Sponsor believes the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of the winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable. Notice of such cancelation, termination, or modification of the Sweepstakes shall be posted at the Website. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s Entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials; (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of the Prize (or any component thereof); (e) change in the Prize (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Sweepstakes; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of an entry; (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of any social media platform or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an entrant; and (j) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Website or any other Sweepstakes-related websites or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including Prize components, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied (including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement), BEYOND THE CUSTOMARY WARRANTY PROVIDED WHEN THE PRIZE (OR PRIZE COMPONENTS) IS SOLD AT RETAIL. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, therefore some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- GOVERNING LAW; VENUE: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY IRREVOCABLY CONSENTS AND SUBMITS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS, AS APPLICABLE, LOCATED WITHIN COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND WAIVES ANY OBJECTION TO VENUE IN SUCH COURTS.
Further, entrants hereby waive all rights, to: (i) claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of pocket costs; and (ii) have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, each entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his or her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for Sweepstakes, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including live television, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
- GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected at Sponsor’s sole discretion that an entrant has entered or attempted to enter more than once using multiple multiple e-mail addresses, multiple identities, proxy servers or like methods, all of that entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, and that entrant may be ineligible to win the Prize. Also, if it is discovered that any entrant attempts to receive additional entries in excess of the stated limitation, that entrant will, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address registered to the Instagram account of the winning Entry will be declared the winner. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes may void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules, and Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of the names of the winners, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope in an envelope to: Dremel New Follower Sweepstakes – PT-RT/MKB , 1800 W. Central Road, Mount Prospect, IL 60056. Winners List requests must be received by March 1, 2020.
Sponsored by Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, 1800 W. Central Road, Mount Prospect, IL 60056.
© 2019 Robert Bosch Tool Corporation. All rights reserved.