Read the Dremel 3D20 manual and these instructions before repairing a jammed extruder in your Dremel 3D20. Failure to comply with the warnings and instructions may result in fire, equipment damage, property damage, or personal injury. Always unplug Dremel 3D20 from its power before performing any service procedures. Failure to do so may result in personal injury and equipment damage. Use only Dremel approved materials and components. Use of object materials, or 3D objects other than Dremel approved object materials and genuine Dremel components may void warranty. Repairs on Dremel 3D20-01 may require the use of special tools (pulling devices and bearing press). Authorized repair centers have trained repair technicians and equipment necessary to perform these repairs.
- 2.5 mm Allen Key
- Remove the top cover.
- Unload filament from the extruder. Refer HERE for instructions.
- Power off then unplug the power cord from the Dremel 3D Idea Builder.
- Unplug the motor cable from the stepper motor.
- Unscrew the fan baffle screw from the left front side of the extruder assembly.
- Remove the fan baffle from the turbo fan.
- Unscrew the turbo fan mounting bracket screw from the left back side of the extruder assembly.
- Move the turbo fan bracket and turbo fan away from the extruder assembly. This will expose the wire connections.
- Disconnect the thermocouple wire connector. (Red and blue to red and white wires).
- Disconnect the heat cartridge wire connector. (Orange and blue wire to 2 white wires).
- Disconnect the fan wire connector. This connector is marked with black ink. (Red and black to red and black wires).
- All wires should be disconnected. Move the turbo fan and bracket out of the way.
- Unscrew the extruder mounting screws from underneath the extruder assembly. There are 2 screws, one located on the right side and one located on the left side.
- Remove the extruder assembly.
- Replace the new extruder assembly onto the extruder carriage.
- Insert and tighten both screws, left and right, to secure extruder assembly to the extruder carriage.
- Reconnect the fan wire connector. This connector is marked with black ink. (Red and black to red and black wires).
- Reconnect the heat cartridge wire connector. (Orange and blue wire to 2 white wires).
- Reconnect the thermocouple wire connector. (Red and blue to red and white wires).
- With all wires connected, neatly place the connectors into the open area of the turbo fan bracket. Make sure wires lay flat underneath the stepper motor.
- Move the turbo fan bracket next to the extruder capturing the wire connectors between the bracket and the extruder assembly.
- Insert and tighten the back left screw for mounting the turbo fan bracket.
- Insert the fan baffle into the turbo fan.
- Insert and tighten the fan baffle screw on the front left side of the extruder assembly.
- Reconnect the motor cable.
- Reassembly complete.
- Plug in and turn on the Idea Builder.