All Dremel power tools are carefully checked, tested and are subject to the stringent controls of Dremel Quality Assurance. Dremel therefore offers a guarantee for Dremel power tools. Your guarantee claim based on your sales contract with the retailer, including your statutory rights, shall not be affected by this guarantee.
- Our guarantee in accordance with the following provisions (numbers 2 - 7) provides for the correction of deficiencies to the tool, at no charge, if it can be verified to the satisfaction of the Dremel service centre that the deficiencies were caused by a material or manufacturing fault within the guarantee period.
- You can extend the guarantee by a total of three years (with exception of 3D printers, battery packs and chargers). To do this, you need to register online as described below within four weeks of purchasing the Tool:
- You can only register on the following websites: https://www.dremel.com/gb/en/my-dremel/standard-registration. You can only register if you agree to us storing the data you enter.
- In order to register within the named period, you will need the invoice or receipt from the seller from whom you acquired the Tool. You should therefore keep the original sales receipt.
- After registration is complete, you will receive a certificate. This certificate is also needed to exercise the guarantee and should be printed out straightaway and kept safely.
- The guarantee period is 24 months or, in the case of commercial or professional use, 12 months. The guarantee period begins from the time the tool is purchased from new. The starting date is the date on the original sales receipt.
- The guarantee does not cover:
- Components that are subject to wear caused by use or other natural wear and defects on the tool caused by use or other natural wear
- Defects on the tool caused by non-compliance with the operating instructions, improper use, abnormal environmental conditions, inappropriate operating conditions, overload or insufficient servicing or maintenance
- Defects caused by using accessories, components or spare parts other than original Dremel parts
- Tools to which changes or additions have been made
- Slight deviations from the specified quality that do not affect the value and functionality of the tool
- Defects recognised by us as being covered by the guarantee shall be corrected either by means of repair of the faulty tool free of charge or by replacement with a tool in perfect working order (this may possibly be a later model). Retained tools for which a replacement has been provided shall become our property.
- The guarantee claim must be lodged within the guarantee period. This requires the submission or sending of the complete tool in question with the original sales receipt, which must indicate the purchase date and the product designation, to the retailer or to one of the Customer Service Centres stated on WWW.DREMEL.COM. Partially or completely disassembled tools cannot be submitted or forwarded in the case of a guarantee claim. If you elect to send the tool to a retailer or to a Customer Service Centre, you shall bear the costs of transport and shall carry the transport risk.
- Claims other than the right to correction of faults in the tool named in these guarantee conditions are not covered by our guarantee.
- Services provided under guarantee do not lengthen or renew the guarantee period for the tool.
The above guarantees apply to tools that are bought and used in Europe. National law shall apply to this guarantee to the exclusion of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
Breda, The Netherlands